Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Nixon Scott Bennion has arrived

Well, after a long day of labor for Kandis starting at 5:30am with a phone call from the hospital asking if she could get there at 6:15!! Nixon Scott Bennion arrived at 11:38pm weighing in at a whopping 8 pounds 5 ounces and 20 inches long!! He is a real chunky boy. He was having some breathing problems so they took him to ICU to be put and monitored on oxygen. He looked good and was looking calmly around while hooked up to everything. Kandis was sad that she could not hold her baby but they let her go into the ICU before putting her into her room for the night. Nic expects Nixon to be out soon and in the well baby nursery by a couple of hours. The nurses seemed to think that would happen. Everyone was shocked at the size of Kanids's baby. She was really all baby!! She did great during the labor and pushed for about 1 1/2 hours. She has a new respect for me now!! Especially since I had my kids natural. She asked me how I ever had 6 kids!! (hee hee hee). Nixon has lots of hair!! I am on Nics computer and can not down load pictures at this point but will try and do that tomorrow afternoon when I go to the hospital again. Since Nixon was in the ICU they will probably want him to stay 2 days in the hospital before going home. I will keep you posted.

5 comments:

Tiffany A. said...

Tell them congrats! I'm so glad he is here! I have been checking your blog like four times a day checking to see if he had arrived yet.
Such a big boy! I love it! Hope he is able to be with Kandis soon! And can't wait to see pictures!

Alexis said...

We hope that things get better with Nixon and they can figure out what is wrong. I can't believe that Kandis could have such a big baby, and I thought that Megan was big. I hope that you guys get some sleep and can't wait to see some pictures. Big hugs for everyone!!

Julia Kelly said...

I feel for Kandis and Nic with not being able to hold their their sweet baby Nixon. I hope everything will be worked out soon and be cuddling in Kandis's arms sooner then later. Keep us updated. Lots and lots of love sent their way! Can't wait to see pictures!!

Julia H. Doolittle said...

Nixon was 20 minutes short of celebrating together...his birth our 30 years of marriage. (I told Mike wrong. I thought our anniversary was Monday, opps the 17th is today!)
We're so happy that he has arrived and all seems well. I remember having to take J.T. back to the hospital and leave him for a week, until Christmas Eve. It was especially difficult as a new mother. Please know they are in our prayers. Give our love to them and kisses to the baby when you get the chance!

Grandmagretzky said...

So glad Nixon is here at last! I hope he'll get out of the ICU very soon so you can all love on him. Can't wait to see pictures!