Tuesday, September 14, 2010

New Decor

Have not decided on the lamp yet so that is why the tag is still attached. I love having homegoods so close with all the great deals you can get. I just love the mirrored night stand. You can't get enough bling!




With the arrival of Mike and Christy back into our home on the 25th of this month I thought it would be nice to change things up a bit. Sorry Kandis but the purple and gold had to go in the guest bedroom. I decided to go with black and white and aqua. Ava and Jack will be sharing this room and they will move the white crib in the bedroom with a white dresser so it should look really nice. I also purchased black curtains for the window treatment to keep the light out when napping. I am thinking of getting HUGE vinyl letters of their names for the wall but have not firmed that one up with Christy. The other bedroom has Kristin and Thomas' bed in it with their bedding. All I added was the picture over the bed and a mirrored night stand. The other mirrored night stand is in the kids room. They are really cute and I got them at Target! The Laundry room got a new rug and a picture on the wall to make me happy when I do laundry. ( I'll let you know about the happy part!). The shower curtain rod has been changed to the type that is in hotels. It is bent to give the person more room for the shower. Pretty cool. I hope you enjoy the pics. This is the first time I have done this with my new computer. (go apple!)

All ready for the kids to move in a couple of weeks. I will be in Kentucky when they come so I hope they like it!

7 comments:

Nic & Kandis said...

Love the black and white (of course, that's what I've got in my room). I think you should spray paint the bed black...that would look hot! Just and idea ;)

Linda Kelly said...

I would have to powder coat the bed black and that would cost a mint. I don't know if I love the bed enough to do that.

Mike and Christy said...

wow that room looks pretty!! i am so excited about everything. the kid's room, mike and I really like the shower rod, the laundry room does look like a happy place, and the picture over our bed looks perfect. you have a touch. remember the kids do have those awesome blocks with their names...we could desplay them on the dresser?

Alexis said...

I think that the rooms look really good. Are you just getting in the mood to come help us with our kitchen? We're excited to have you here and help us with our redecorating. You really do have a talent. I'm still trying to learn.

Julia Kelly said...

Looks so good! I love the black and white. You're going to KY huh? Wish we could see you too!

Nic & Kandis said...

I forgot to tell you...I like the lamp, I think you should keep it. Maybe tie a black ribbon around it in a bow to spice it up a bit.

Jay and Gwen Sessions said...

Love the decorating! You're so great at getting all the deals. The rooms all look great, and your laundry room is to die for!! Hey girl, I'm getting a little jealous that you are learning to work your computer and do photos. I just need to go down to that apple store soon!!! This month happens to be all our trips....We leave next week for Michigan to see our new little girl "Marin".