Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Lots to be THANKFUL for!

As the Thanksgiving day gets closer I am reminded of all the wonderful things in my life that I need to be thankful for. We had a get together with wonderful friends on Saturday and before the dinner I got to go to a fun movie with 3 of my closest friends. How great is that??? I consider, Debbie, Julie, and Gwen some of my closest friends and it was great to spend time with them and cry and laugh about anything we wanted. (the movie was kind of emotional but in a good way). Julie surprised with some of her creativity by treating us to a "Forget me not" box. We all need one of these because with old age our minds seem to forget things. Dinner was fun at our house and of course Jay is a party in himself. Jay can keep us entertained for hours with trivia, poems, quizzes etc!! He can make a trip to the gun shop interesting for all of us!!

Friday we drove up to Yuba City to see Grandpa and Sid's sister Chris from Arizona. What another blessing it is to have grandpa still with us and Chris to come and visit and sort through things in grandpa's house. Grandpa also got a new little puppy named Abby and she is a little Shi-tsu (sp??) Such a cute little dog and perfect for grandpa to love and cuddle with. He just wasn't getting the love from his chickens like he hoped for!! (not to cuddly!) The chickens do produce about 18 eggs a day now and that will get more and more. He loves to take care of them and sell his eggs to church members. What wonderful family members Sid has for brothers and sisters and what a blessing that is in our lives. It was fun to have Calvin, Joanne, Marga, Clinton, Tiffany, Steve, Ava, Ron, Alison, Blake, Bradley and Sid and I all together. We went up on Sunday with Mike, Christy and Ava so Chris could see Ava.

I am so blessed with wonderful kids and grandkids and especially the spouses of my children. What a blessing it is for my kids to marry such wonderful people who love them and take such good care of them and our grandchildren. Nothing is better than to have "JOY" in my posterity.

I am so blessed with a beautiful home and Sid to have such a great dental practice. We look forward to the day that Jacob and Josh can get through school and come and let Sid have some rest and relaxation from working so hard for the last 30+ years. Sometimes we wonder if we should move out of California but I look out my backyard and can hardly think of leaving such a beautiful place. (Sid always threatens me with Montana)

I am so blessed to have a temple so close. Also, that I can work at the temple every week and be reminded of our Saviours love for all of us. What a wonderful blessing to perform the sacred ordinances that we receive in the temple. What a great blessing to have the true gospel in our lives to know how to live and return to our Father in Heaven. I am truly grateful for parents who taught me right from wrong and to stay strong in the church.

Well, enough said. I look forward to flying to West Virginia to be with Jacob and Julia and Loraya and Isaac. The weather does not look to warm but we can bundle up and stay warm in their beautiful home!! Love to you all and hope you all have a GREAT Thanksgiving and take the time to truly see all of your blessings that you have been blessed with.

3 comments:

Alexis said...

Well I am grateful for "marrying up" (as one of your kids say it) to a wonderful family. I'm grateful for Sid working 30+ years to build a practice for Josh to work in, and also for his example in Josh's life to help him choose this profession, and I am grateful for Dad's patience as he waits for his boys to get in and done with school. Love you!

Julia H. Doolittle said...

You are a blessing, Linda. I am so glad that God put us together here on earth! Thanks for the wonderful time on Saturday. I was glad we were sitting together so we could "share" tissues. Your table was beautiful and dinner delicious. There is nothing better than being together. I don't think I tell you enough how much your friendship has meant over the years. I'm so glad that Josh and J.T. were born almost 29 years ago and how being pregnant with our boys brought us together in the first place. I admire your spiritual strength and love to talk about why we believe the way we believe and how it has made our lives a blessing. I love you girl!

BTW That Ava is absolutely beautiful. What a petite, sweet, little one...She needs just a little more time to adjust to crazy Uncle Jay!

Jay and Gwen Sessions said...

My relaxation at the end of the day consists of reading all the blogs, and I was happily surprised to come home and find your thanksgiving entry. I too cherish the "Jello Club" friendships that have continued through the years.
As friends we now can look back with gratitude for the child rearing years past, and the grandma years to come. I promise I will not FORGET the fun times we have shared and the wisdom we have learned from each other. Thanks for being the fun, spunky, energetic, grounded person that you are. As Julie said, I too,
Love you Girl!!