Sunday, March 1, 2009

Back in Sac (2)

This was the first day we brought him home from the hospital. We were so excited to finally get him home and love him!! He is very strong and moves his head around to look at everything. He also puts his hands out and touches your face. He is a very calm sweet baby so far.

Grandpa flew in again to get his truck back. I was supposed to drive home with him but since we just got Nixon home on that Friday I had to stay another week to help Kandis and Nic with the baby and help around the house.

This is just a sweet picture of Kandis hugging or burping Nixon. He is really good at all the bodily functions that babies do! He did not like getting his circumcision last Wednesday but in a couple of days he didn't seem to mind that either! He is gaining weight and the doctors are pleased with his progress. He will have his 2 week check on Monday and I am sure Kandis will post all the stats. We still think he looks a lot like Kandis and grandpa Scott!! Good thing his middle name is Scott!!
I am back home now and will leave for Arizona on Thursday with Sid for a dental convention. We plan on visiting Sid's sister Chris when we are in Arizona so it should be warm and fun!! It sure is nice sleeping in my own bed next to my husband!! Don't get me wrong, I loved being in Provo with Kandis and Nic and their great couch but your own bed sure is nice!!


3 comments:

Jay and Gwen Sessions said...

Wow, what a handsome boy! I can't believe all the hair. We are so happy for Kandice and Nic and hope they are enjoying their new bundle.
Both mom and baby look terrific!

Grandmagretzky said...

So glad that that little cutie is doing so well. I can relate to getting home after an extended stay to help with a baby. 3 weeks when Emily had Brooklyn. I was never so glad to get back to my own bed! Kandis looks great and I LOVE how he does his hands! So cute...

The Kelly Family said...

Nixon is such a cute little guy! Congrats. And Alexis is expecting a boy, too. You are definately getting more grandsons than granddaughters. I guess Sid will have a lot of hunting buddies when they get older.