Thursday, March 19, 2009

A couple of weeks ago Sid and I went to Arizona so Sid could attend a dental seminar in Scottsdale. We had the privilege of staying in an amazing place called the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess. It was so beautiful and the weather was so warm. Sid got up early on Friday and went to his class and I just relaxed in our beautiful room and went for a couple of mile walk around the grounds.



The colors don't show up quite right but they were a blue and chocolate color with golds and browns. Truly beautiful and relaxing. We had a patio with furniture to relax in the sun and take in the aroma garden just outside our doors.


I must say it was quite expensive to eat at this place so I decided not to do so. One of the resturaunts was a steak house and a 6 oz steak was $175.00!!! That is close to what the room costs! We drove to Scottsdale and ate at the Cheescake factory and that was just fine with us! After the seminar was over we went over to stay with Chris and Tim in Mesa and got to see their beautiful home. The terrain in AZ is much different than northern California. There is so many rocks in peoples front yards and not very much grass. I don't particularly care for the southwestern style of homes but I guess it can grow on you!! It was around 80 degrees and so pretty but they say it really gets hot in the summers.



2 comments:

Alexis said...

I like the decor of the room, but I don't think that there could EVER be a steak worth $175 to me. Glad you guys got a weekend away.

Jay and Gwen Sessions said...

I bet that $175 steak was cheaper than some of Sid's hunted dishes. They don't say Arizona Rocks for nothing. We had the same opinion when we went for a wedding last year. But then we discovered Sedonia (sp?) which was wonderful. Of course Sacramento gets pretty hot in the summer too, but at least the coastal breezes come in at night. That's the nicest Motel Six I have ever seen.