Saturday, October 3, 2009

Could it be???

What do you think would cause the city of Loomis to put this sign on the road??? If you guessed the world famous eggplant festival you would be right!! Yes, my folks it is the weekend for the Loomis eggplant festival once again. We strolled on down during the break in conference to check it out and much to our surprise there were a lot of new things to get our attention!


Who ordered the giant purple man?? Pretty weird if you ask me. Seriously a purple man???

Lots of produce to buy and of course the reason for the season the "eggplant". What do you do with those things anyway. I really have not met a soul who grows these things in Loomis. Hence, why the festivities to celebrate this vegetable?


This was one of the new things added to the fun day. Yes, you can race your OWN chicken or RENT one from a 4-H person for $5.00. If your chicken comes in first place you win a prize. I think grandpa Kelly should bring "Big Red" down and kick every one's buttocks!! I should raise a chicken for the races for next year and train him in our half acre. What do you think??? They even had trophies with gold chickens on top of them for the winners. That is reason enough to get the training started!


1 comments:

Jay and Gwen Sessions said...

Oh my gosh! I totally agree with you about the eggplant. I have yet been able to cook the plant without frying it or various other methods of cooking, only to taste the flavor of nothing!!! I never could figure out why the crazy festival?, with all the years we lived in Loomis area. Why not have a chocolate festival???? Now we're talking!!!!!!