Friday, October 23, 2009

The FLU

Just a post to let you know that I got the flu on Tuesday night and am still battling with all the symptoms, fever, cough, aches, etc. Possibly the H1N1 virus. I guess I was due to get sick since I NEVER get sick!! It could not have come at a worse time since our choir is supposed to be singing a HUGE song for a farewell and I have been working so hard on it for the longest time. I am so bummed about that whole thing. Also, Sid and I were supposed to watch Ava while Mike and Christy go out of town on a motocross weekend. They ended up taking Ava with them. I feel just horrible about that one too. The doctor said it just has to run it's course and some people get over it sooner than others. I have been quarantined to my bedroom since Tuesday and I am getting really tired of just laying around and watching HGTV. Water and chicken soup are all I get to eat. My non stop coughing causes my chest to ache so bad. Do you all feel sorry for me now?? Good! Here is getting better and enjoying good health in the week to come. (Cough, cough)

7 comments:

Grandmagretzky said...

Oh you poor thing!!! I hope you get over it soon. I'm dreading the flu, since I hardly get sick either. I know it's coming... AAAHHH!!!

Alexis said...

I am so sorry. I hope that you didn't catch it here. I'm taking Bryson in for his never ending cough so hopefully it isn't the flu. I wish I was there to help you out. Big Hugs!!

Julia Kelly said...

oh no! whats wrong with watching HGTV all day long? :) I hope you feel better soon!

Stacie said...

Oh sad!!! We totally know how you feel here. I was so sick of being couped up in my house, I couldn't wait to feel better. If anyone else catches it in the house have them get to the doc for some tamiflu. It works really well. Zapped Brayden's in just a couple days:)

Kristin Rose said...

I hope you get well soon Mom. Talking to you on Thursday made me sad to hear you so sick. I got my Seasonal flu shot on Friday and Thomas got a shot too at school a few days prior to me. Now I am just waiting for the H1N1 shot to arrive in MN and talk it over with my Dr. Supposedly I am first on the list!

Julia H. Doolittle said...

Hey girl...sorry to hear you're sick. John and I are still coughing a month later. J.T. started last week and Courtney today. It's a real drag. Hang in there! Love you!

Jay and Gwen Sessions said...

I was talking to Julie Sat., and she said you were fighting the flu. I was wondering how long it would take with these kiddos I teach (with coughing and sneezing in my face all day) to catch something dreadful! Well, it happened, I have been down all weekend, and it truly is a drag,especially when the weather is so gorgeous. I want to be playing outside!!! Hope you feel better soon! We need to start up our dinners again just to catch up on everyone's happenings.