Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A song to remember

A few weeks ago the temple president's wife asked me to sing Away in the Manger for our prayer meeting in the temple last night. I told her I would love to sing but I don't sing solo! She was not surprised and asked me to ask Susan Merrill to sing with me. I quickly sent an email to Susan and asked her to sing with me and hoped she was an alto. She said she would be glad to sing with me and she was an alto so all was going great. The week before we scheduled our breaks at the same time so we could practice in the break room together. We sang it once and called it good until this last week when we were to perform. We got to run through it once in the ladies room before we performed in front of our Tuesday evening shift. When we practiced together we were discussing how we were both so afraid to sing alone and that we were both very nervous to sing at all in front of everyone without a piano. Well, it was finally our turn to sing and we just got up and it was such a high for me to sing with Susan in the temple. The acoustics in that room are amazing and we sounded really good together. So many people were shocked to hear us sing and said we sounded like angels!! It was such an honor to sing with Susan and especially such a wonderful song about our Savior. It was a wonderful beginning to the night of work at the temple. I am so grateful for the talent of being able to sing and share this talent with others. I have truly been blessed in so many ways and thank him for this gift.

3 comments:

Nic & Kandis said...

Way to go Mom! Wish I could have been there to hear your beautiful voice in the most beautiful place on earth.

Jay and Gwen Sessions said...

Linda I just love hearing you sing or singing by you. I'm sure you did sound like angels. I didn't know Susan Sang. We had Ali and Troy's reception at their house. He was a good friend of Troys. In fact I saw Susan in the temple a few weeks ago. That's so cool that you both sang together.

Kristin Rose said...

I am sure it was angelic Mom. You have such a beautiful voice! I think you should perform it at the Kelly Christmas so the grandkids can hear their grandma sing!!