Monday, November 12, 2007

I've Been Tagged!

Hmmmm... What to write about me that you might not know.

1. I won a tap dancing contest when I was 6 years old and the prize was a trophy and 24 space burgers from A&W! A space burger you ask? What might that be? Well, I think it was the worlds first attempt at a pita pocket kind of hamburger. They took two pieces of bread and put ground beef and other fixn's in it and crimped the edges in a circle to look like a little flying saucer! Weird huh? They were pretty good but with a family of 7 we downed them quickly.


2. I don't like to ride in fast boats. I get scared of the speed and the not being in control of flying over wakes. When Sid asks me to drive the boat I am really sacared I am going to crash the boat upside down and flip all the passengers out. I know, I am weird. I grew up in Oregon and we didn't have a boat for me to get used to these things. Blame it on my parents O.K.!


3. I have a real obsession with buying clothes for my kids and grandkids, husband etc. I love seeing them in new outfits and looking really up to date and cool! My mom loved to make me clothes and dressed really nice and I think that is where I got it from. My girls are quite the fashionistas and I guess I am to blame for that. I don't need to spend a lot of money, I just enjoy looking good! In fact the better the bargain the better I feel.


4. I hate it when a husband says, "You want me to babysit the kids while you go out?" Where do they get off saying babysitting when they are their own children. Just let me at them so I can whack them up side of their head and give them something to really cry about.


5. I have a secret desire to become a real estate agent. I don't know why I would even consider this profession at this time in my life and especially when the real estate market is so bad at this time but I love looking at houses and finding good deals and making people happy! I would love to specialize in first time home buyers and find creative ways to get them into the real estate market. I believe everyone should be able to afford their own home some day. I just love my current house and find house hunting exciting.


6. I love old people. Some people might consider me OLD but they better never say it to my face!!!! It is such a joy talking to them and listening to their wise council and advice. When I work at the temple on Tuesday nights there is a sweet lady that comes every Tuesday and she is 90 years old. I think what a great example she is to her posterity and hope that I can endure to the end like she is. You go girl.


Well, that is about it for now. I am sure you feel like you all know me so much better now. I will add some more tidbits as the feeling hits me!

3 comments:

Alexis said...

I didnt know some of those things about you. I knew that you love bargain shopping and helping me look better, and that you don't like to ride on the boat when we go out to the lake. But if it makes you feel better, I'm too scared to water ski, I perfer just staying in the boat. I have come to realize that I think I am scared of deep water. Well, it's always fun to learn more about you. Oh, and I totally agree with you about the babysitting, they GET to stay home with the kids. I don't think that Josh has said that yet. But if he does, I'll let you know so you can smack him upside the head! Love you!

The Kelly Family said...

Next time you see Ryan, smack him in the head for me! ;) Hopefully we will be in need of a real estate agent in the Rocklin/Roseville area in a few years, and when we do, we'll come find you.

Julia Kelly said...

you would be an awesome real estate agent! Then when we move back there in a few years, you can find us a home! :) Love you! Hope your enjoying spoiling kandis and nic!