Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving Alone

How weird is it to be alone with your husband on Thanksgiving. I guess not too weird since we saw a bazillion OLD people at Mimi's eating Thanksgiving dinner with us!! We toyed with the idea of going to Reno and eating at the Atlantis buffett but since Sid was just there last weekend while he was checking out the new Cabelas store we decided to stay at home and find a good resturaunt to eat at. As we sat waiting for our table we both noticed we were probably the youngest people in the place!! I think they dropped off the bus from the retirement home or something!! The food was great and we had plenty of leftovers to take home and eat the next day. (Mike actually ate my leftovers!) It was really very relaxing to just let someone else do all the cooking and clean up but I still missed my kids!! There is something about the noise and smells or the cooking food that is part of the holidays. I am glad some of you had a chance to gather with family and friends and enjoy the day. I should have taken a picture of us in front of Mimis but I forgot my camera. I know you are all still wondering what my hair looks like. Well, everyone but Kandis who saw it when it was cut and colored!! I will post a picture soon. I will probably have to call Alexis and figure this one out again.

3 comments:

Alexis said...

mom, you can do this. But if you need my help, I always LOVE to help. We had a blast doing Thanksgiving with Jacob and Julia, you guys were missed too!

Julia Kelly said...

probably didn't seem quite like Thanksgiving with just the two of you! Glad Mimi's was there to serve you! Is this a new tradition?

Julia Kelly said...

we need a new post mom!! :)