Sunday, January 6, 2008

Crazy Day!


Well, today was the first day of our new early Sunday schedule and I had my welfare meeting before church which meant that I had to get up at 6:00am to be at the meeting at 7:00am. I went to the temple last night and didn't get home until 10:30pm so I was a little tired and nervous about giving the first lesson of the year in RS. Needless to say I had a quick rest inbetween Sid's snoring and got up in time to go to my meeting with all my teaching supplies loaded in the car. When I drove up to the church I saw only 1 car in the parking lot (Bishops) and so I was a little concerned that we were not having a meeting this morning! When I went to open the door it was locked so I went to another door and I saw the Bishop in the foyer with a flashlight calling people. The power had been out in the church for a couple of days due to the storm and it was freezing in the building. The stake president canceled church and they were trying to call everyone in the ward to let them know. Kind of weird not having church. I sure could have used the extra sleep and not worried about my lesson so much!! Oh, well, I guess I am supposed to learn something from this!! It is fast Sunday so how long do we fast???

Oh, yeah, for those who want to know, Sid brought home 1 duck. I will attach a picture for your viewing pleasure.

1 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

poor little ducky! and poor you for getting up at 6 and then there isn't even church!