Monday, February 11, 2008

"la,la,la,la"

You guessed it!! I am the new ward choir director. I can't believe they asked me to do this!!! I have NEVER ever been choir director before and I am scared to death. I really just like singing in the choir and not directing it!! I put in for new choir robes so we can be a true "gospel" choir but the bishopric didn't appreciate my comment!! Come on, if Gladys Knight can rock out why can't I get permission for my choir to rock out???? So fire me!!!! I guess I will just have to sing the high notes in the wrong direction and turn around for the big ending!! We truly need some good sopranos so my voice will be missed. I will let you kow how it goes. To top things off Sid and I have to speak in Sacrament meeting this Sunday!! Why don't they just leave me alone????Well, I better go and learn some music to teach and work on my talk!!

4 comments:

Kristin Rose said...

Mom you will be a great choir director because you are always good at everything you do. By the way thanks for the cute sweater/jacket. Love you!

Julia Kelly said...

ditto to what kristin said about being good at whatever you do.

Alexis said...

I agree, you are awesome at everything you do. I had to conduct during sacrament and have never conducted before, at least you know how to sing and what is cool. You will do awesome!

Matt said...

Are you speaking together? If so, Dad shouldn't have to worry about preparing too much material. If I remember, you usually take up most the time. Keep in mind, you have to leave enough time for Dad to share at least one hunting story and to explain the gospel principle he learned from his success or failure.