Thursday, July 10, 2008

2 days in Tahoe

Sid and I had a chance to go up to Tahoe and stay at the timeshare for a couple of days. The weather was perfect and we were glad to get out of the heat and smoke filled air of Loomis. Sid wanted to go on a hike and I was a good sport and said I would go with him. He promised me it would be a 3 mile hike and I told him that would be great. Well, you know that 3 mile hike ended up to be more than 6 miles and I was not such a happy camper after that. We were on the Pacific Coast Trail and hiked to Reymonds meadow so Sid could scope for deer. We didn't see a thing! The lakes and forest were pretty with the wildflowers but that was about all we saw. We did see a lot of hikers that had been on the trail since april and were hiking from Mexico to Canada! I guess I should not complain about 6+ miles!!
Sid in the wildflowers!! He wanted me to lay in the flowers but I was not going to get all dirty to do it!!
After we hiked we stopped and fished in the stream near Markleyville (sp?) The fish were not biting like before and we only caught 1 fish.
Sid was thrilled to get a bite and reel him in.
You know how much Sid hates tree huggers so I could not resist!! This was at the beginning of the hike! I still have a smile on my face. The next day we went fishing at Burnside lake and didn't have much luck. I caught 2 fish with power bait and let them go and Sid used a lure and then some worms with power bait and only landed a little fish that we let go. The fish were jumping all around us but wouldn't take the bait. We fished until about 4pm and then headed home. It was hard to come home to 110 degree heat and the smoke so thick you can hardly breathe.

7 comments:

Mark & Shalon said...

looks like fun! we LOVE tahoe and we absolutely LOVE hiking!

Mike and Christy said...

Ahhh you're such a good sport mom. I bet you still had fun. Too bad we couldn't make the trip to use up the other couple days of the time share. Oh well, maybe next time.

Kristin Rose said...

Wow Mexico to Canada! That sounds like a fun adventure. If I could take the time off work that could be fun. I am sure after awhile however it would be nice to have a normal meal and normal shower. Hike, camp and then lodge. Hike, camp then lodge. There I can picture the adventure now!!

Nic & Kandis said...

How fun...it looks so pretty up there right now!

Alexis said...

Looks like fun! I hope that i will be able to see Tahoe in the summer. I'd like to do a hike, but maybe not 6 miles. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Stacie said...

Never been to Tahoe, but it looks beautiful! I'm with you on the hiking. Probably wouldn't have been a happy camper after 6 miles myself. Now 6 miles through a mall that's something else!:)

Stacie said...

Never been to Tahoe, but it looks beautiful! I'm with you on the hiking. Probably wouldn't have been a happy camper after 6 miles myself. Now 6 miles through a mall that's something else!:)