Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas time at the Kelly's house

Every Christmas I go through the idea of not putting up many decorations around the house. Last year it was an easy decision because we went to Colorado for Christmas. This year we are home and Kristin & Thomas are coming from Minn. so I thought I better get the "stuff" out of the boxes and get it up. We got a killer deal on a tree this year at a place called Wise Buys. Any tree was $9.98. Actually anything in their store is not over $9.98. I was with Christy and she had her truck so we looked at the trees and picked this 12 foot beauty out and brought it home. We got some new LED lights in white and blue and decorated it in blue white and silver. It is really a beautiful tree. The picture does not really show how pretty it really is.

The Santas were lovingly unwrapped and put in their proper place and I still love looking at them and remembering who gave me which one or where I purchased them for myself. A lot of great memories for me.


The one and only time I am allowed to "dress up" the bear is Christmas and I look forward to putting on his hat and ribbon. We moved him out of his spot and put the tree where he usually resides. He kind of freaks me out not being in his corner!!



The famous advent calender!! Many a fight over who was going to take out the little toy on the calender in the mornings. No fighting this year. We sometimes forget to even take it out. It sure has lasted through the years, even with six kids wanting to get their hands on it.




7 comments:

Grandmagretzky said...

It's almost like being there! I can't believe you got a 12 ft tree for $9.50?? Was it a fake one, or real? I'm trying to talk Dan into getting a fake one, but with all of the nobles out here...he won't have it!

Alexis said...

The house looks great and very festive. My kids would love to touch and move everything. I love the nativity set, did Grandma really make that?

Kristin Rose said...

Thanks for putting up Christmas for Thomas and I. We are so excited to come and spend a week in Cali. Seeing all the pictures online of your Christmas decorations brings memories to me of after Christmas shopping, Santa hunting for your Christmas gift, and yes fighting over the advent to be the one to put the ornament on the tree. We definitely have some good Kelly Christmas memories!!

Matt said...

Ahhh...the advent calendar!! I notice the hamburger is not hanging on the tree yet. Please tell me that wasn't lost. Maybe it will come out tomorrow! So many memories! Bear looks great and the tree blinding. Gotta love LED's. Wish we could be there. We'll be thinking of you from Arizona.

Linda Kelly said...

Yes the tree is real and yes my mother made the nativity set. The Hamburger has not appeared yet but it is still part of the advent calender. The funny little things that end up on that tree are from cracker jack boxes!! Some are from Hallmark after they started making miniature ornaments. I still love the cracker jack ones!!

Anonymous said...

Yes...I can recall many a battle to put up the ornament for the advent calender. I've tried to find a similar advent calender in stores but have yet to find one to my liking. So is there a big red nose on the Elk?

Jacob

Nic & Kandis said...

LOVE all the decorations Mom. Brings back so many wonderful memories and why I love Christmas so much.