Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Great Get Together

I know I don't have ANY pictures but I thought I would at least give you something to read about. Last Saturday (the 20th) we had a family get together with all the Kelly crew that was available and in town. From Calvin and Joanne we had, Ryan and Jenn and their 4 girls, Clinton and Marga and yes, Marga is expecting in May!! and Trevor and Ashley. We had Ron and Allison with their kids Blake and Bradley and they each brought a girlfriend!! Also Tiffany and Steven with their little girl Ava came. Grandpa Kelly came with his little dog Abby and then we have Kristin and Thomas here and Mike and Christy and Ava. We had lots of food to munch on and the fun began with the gift game. (requested by Trevor) Each one who wanted to play was to bring a gift of no more than $10 in value and then we opened and exchanged them back and forth until the last one (Marga) ended the game. We had 23 people play and it was fun to see the gift swapping action. You got to love the "Aunt Gladys" turkey salt and pepper than Grandpa brought and Clinton was the happy recipient. We then played a game that Kristin told us about and that was to open boxes within boxes with oven mitts on while Christmas music played and stopped. The last person to open the final box found a $100 dollar bill inside! Trevor won that game. It was sure fun to have everyone together and laugh and eat and just visit. All the little babies were fun to see and compare sizes. Sooooooo cute!! I still can't believe we didn't have one camera take one picture the whole time. I really blew it on that one. I hope everyone has a great Christmas in a couple of days. We will talk to you then!!

6 comments:

Stacie said...

Man I'm bummed we missed out on the killer party. Sounds like a blast! Wish we could all be together like in the olden days.

Alexis said...

I remember the gift swap the last time we were there. Loads of fun. I do like Kristin's game tho... I use to play a game where you had to open up a wrapped up king sized candy bar that is wrapped in newspaper over and over again with oven mits and I think a fork, maybe it was a spoon. I like the money idea tho, as long as it wasn't coming out of my pocket!

Tiffany A. said...

It was a lot of fun!! And good to get at least a few of us together! I too forgot to take any pictures! I was so mad! I had my camera in my purse and just totally forgot to use it!

Jay and Gwen Sessions said...

What a GR-8 gathering od Kelly's. The games sounded fun. The $10 limit was tailor made for the Wise Buys (eveything under $9.98) store Linda introduced us to. We loved it. Of course we also stopped at the Dollar Tree for those really classy gifts including a little doll that would expand to 600 times its size to be the Perfect Wife for Tallon. It had a promise that the wife would not nag, spend too much, or cry. Hey that's quite a value for only $1. Glad you all had a Merry. Love Jay and Gwen

Julia Kelly said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. I'm hoping sometime soon Jacob won't be working retail, and will be going to dental school so we will be able to spend Christmas once again with you guys. Thanks for the Christmas money for us and the kids! You guys sure know how to take good care of us!

XOXO

The Kelly Family said...

That was a fun party! It's so fun to get together and see everyone. I loved the oven mitt game. You throw great parties!!