Monday, April 20, 2009

Good Memories

Today is a sad day for us because we had to put down Rusty, Sid's beloved hunting companion. He will be really missed by all of us on our daily walks down Barker road and of course the swimming in the pool with us!! He was almost 12 years old and lived a good life. We all have great memories with this wonderful dog and I hope he is reunited with Pepper and they are chasing each other all over Heaven!! Sid was by his side at the Vets and said it was peaceful for him. When we return from our trip I will post some pictures that I think will be a nice remembrance for him. I thought you would all like to know about his passing.

6 comments:

Alexis said...

What!!! Was this expected?? I am so sad. Coming home just won't be the same. He will definately be missed.

Kristin Rose said...

I am crying. That will be sad to come home to a house with no dogs. Rusty was such a friendly dog. He loved being with people especially DAD! Did Dad cry?

Julia Kelly said...

I don't even like dogs, and I'm crying! I'm so sorry to hear about Rusty. He really was such a good dog!

Jay and Gwen Sessions said...

WHAT!!!??? We were just at your home eating left overs and wild turkey and petting Rusty. I thought it was touching as we drove off any Sid and Linda were sitting on the grass with him...little did I know they were saying goodbye. I wish we could have too. I want to go to dog heaven too. Maybe I'd just be happy to be a dog here on earth. As the Indian said when he lost his dog. Dog Gone. Anyway so sad. We will miss him too and we didn't really get to know him that well.

Grandmagretzky said...

So sorry Linda. I know how much you and Sid loved that dog... I remember bawling after we had to put down our Schnauzer, Mandy.

Jay and Gwen Sessions said...

Not to intrude or change the subject, but as we were leaving the Kelly home, Linda gave us a dozen of Sid's dad's home made eggs. We had a few on this sunny morning and the eggs add a whole new meaning to sunny-side up. No yoke !!! Those dark yellow yokes are either full of flavor or full of fat. Eitherway, there were delicious. Thanks. He is a shell of a chicken farmer. ...and that's no chicken ----(feed).