Wednesday, April 15, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!

Today I awoke to Sid asking me to come into the kitchen and he gave me some beautiful flowers! How sweet is that??? then I was talking to Kandis on the phone and the UPS guy left 2 boxes, yes you read it right, 2 boxes at my door from pro-flowers!! Lo and behold (I just had to say that) I received 2 lovely arrangements from Kandis and Nic, and Jacob, Julia, Isaac and Loraya!! How spoiled am I???? (don't answer that one) I'm going to lunch with the hubby and Mike and Christy today and then dinner with Sid possibly tonight or this weekend. THEN, the best present ever....... ta,da............Aventura Palace Resort in Cancun! We leave on Tuesday and can't wait to feel the warm sun on my lily white body! Hey pool boy, bring me a virgin miami vice please!! Seriously, I am so grateful to have reached the ripe old age of 54! I still feel like I am in my 20's in my mind but my body does not seem to respond like it is still in my 20's. I have such great kids and grandkids and I love working in the temple every Tuesday. What more could a girl want??? I can't think of a thing, (oh, yeah, I can think of a few things, like both my sons getting into dental school soon!!) Thanks to everyone for all the calls from friends and fun cards from friends and family. Love to you all and thanks for being my friends and family

and putting up with me all these years. Hopefully I will be around a lot more years to bug you!

6 comments:

Alexis said...

We are just all so blessed to have you in our lives. I've only been lucky enough to enjoy 7 of those 54 years with you and am very grateful for the example you are in my life. I look forward to many more years of fun, and maybe on one of these birthday of yours all of us kids can come home to celebrate!

Nic & Kandis said...

Yay! Happy birthday Mamasita! I love you so much and am so happy to have you as MY mom! You are the best! I think I am over using the exclamation points a bit!!! Anyways, hope lunch was good and that you are enjoying your birthday. Cant wait to see you for Mother's Day weekend and lil' Nixon's blessing. You are going to be all tan and beautiful from your wonderful vacation...so freakin jealous!

Julia Kelly said...

Happy Birthday to the best mother in law EVER!!! Love you to pieces! Thanks for all that you do for Jacob and our family.

XOXO

Kristin Rose said...

Happy Birthday Mom! You are the greatest. Have a wonderful day. I am so glad I decided to save a few bucks after all and not send flowers too--i think you got enough to brighten up the house. (I kinda laughed because I was on the internet this morning and almost called The Blue Ribbon floral shop in Loomis to send over some birthday flowers and last minute I decided not too. Guess that's why I decided not too:))

Jay and Gwen Sessions said...

We didn't think you were having birthday's anymore since you don't seem to be going through the aging process. As an accountant, this is a terrible day to have been born...what was your accountant dad thinking? Another deduction? As the tax man says....Many Happy Returns. PS Gwen did send a card. PPS Were you protesting yesterday with a tea party?

Grandmagretzky said...

I am so happy you had a fun day...and I agree with all previous posts. Even though she and Steven liked to tease me a TON growing up! So glad you are who you are - talented, giving, and not taking any crap from anyone. Love you, Sister!