Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mexico Trip 2009











A couple of weeks ago Sid and I took the office staff to Mexico for a week of rest and relaxation. I am just now getting to post about some of the things that we did. I, in no way have all of the wonderful pictures to show you but thought I better get some of the things on this blog for all of you to enjoy. We had such a wonderful time and the girls were so delighted to go and be pampered the whole week. They all enjoyed the manicure, pedicure and massages. The 24 hour room service, the non stop poolside drinks, food and what ever they wanted. I think what I enjoyed most was the tours and the non stop laughing and good times. What a treat to see Mike speak Spanish to everyone and seem so comfortable. It had been 5 years since his mission in this area but he slipped right back into Spanish mode and it was great watching him feel so comfortable. We loved the beautiful weather and the people in the Mayan Riviera are so wonderful. We did make it to Cozomel so Sid and Mike could dive. The girls just relaxed by the pool at the Palace in Cozomel and rested. The shopping in Playa was fun and we saw the worlds smallest monkey!! For $5 they would LET you take a picture of it with your own camera!! Mike got some great buys on some hammocks which we enjoyed laying in at the resort! We ate at the Playa Del Carmen Palace resort and watched the sun set on the beach. We spent a day at the Moon Palace which is closer to the downtown part of Cancun. The resort was HUGE and we were glad we spent the week at Aventura which is about an hour south of Cancun. We had a chance to zipline so we did that one day and loved it. It was kind of scary for me but I did it!! I truly think this is one of my favorite places to vacation. Sid just loves the fun and the relaxing so I am so glad we have a favorite place that we can go together. I hope you enjoy the pictures and seeing what a great time we had in Cancun. Anyone up for a trip next year???

5 comments:

Alexis said...

Glad to see some pictures! The weather looks so nice and relaxing. Do you really need to ask who wants to come? We would be there in a heart beat. One of these years it will actually work out. I'm glad you guys had fun and that you were able to share it with Mike and Christy and the rest of the staff.

Kristin Rose said...

It was so fun to see all the pictures. I am glad you had another great trip. I really think we need to plan a family trip. We should set a tentative year to all go as a family.

Jay and Gwen Sessions said...

Wow, what a fabulous trip! I think we should definately plan a trip with the jello club for next year.
We're totally on board for that!
Thanks for sharing your photos.

Grandmagretzky said...

Oh my heck! Too much fun...and you came through it without the flu, too!!!????

Julia H. Doolittle said...

Hey Linda, We're trying to figure out a trip with Courtney next year for her graduation. This might be just the place if we can afford it next year. I think we should take Courtney and a friend, Jell-O club and hubbies....What do you think?