Monday, March 31, 2008

First Signs of SPRING

You have to bear with me while I learn how to use my up close feature of my little camera!! (Thanks Mike for letting me know how to use it) I saw these California Poppies by Rusty's kennel and had to take a picture of them. They are such a vibrant color of orange in contrast to the green weeds!! These truly are one of the first wild flowers to burst open for spring.

I don't remember what this plant is called but I thought I took a pretty good picture of it!!
This one reminds me of the picture that Kandis bought for her apartment!! I just need a few more big ones in the picture.
These are the panseys that are in the backyard by the pool area. They have gone crazy with the warm weather and are really getting big and beautiful. They are really pretty next to the orange african daisy plant. Hope you enjoy. (This is actually a cheaper way to send all of you flowers!) Aren't I clever????

5 comments:

Alexis said...

I love the flowers. I just noticed today our tulips (that's what we planted right?) are starting to come up, just a couple of them. We'll have to see if they survive the wonderful dirt that they were planted in and the extra load of mulch that was put on top of them before the winter. Thanks for the flowers!!

Kristin Rose said...

FLowers, green grass, and the warm sun - oh how I miss thee!! We are still brown and covered in snow. We had a terrible storm yesterday and got about 6 inches of Fresh snow. It felt and looked like Christmas again, not spring. Thanks for the flowers and keeping my spirits hi that I may see spring soon too!

Nic & Kandis said...

How pretty! I love the poppies! Just as it was starting to look like spring here in Utah it goes and snows again covering up the green grass and flowers. Can you believe it?!

Julia Kelly said...

I love the flowers they are so pretty! you're so lucky to have Jesus come every friday and care for your yard! :)

Stacie said...

Beautiful! I can't wait for the signs of spring to make it to Colorado. We'll have a day of upper 60's, then snow, then 60's, then snow, then 60's...you get the point! I can't wait for the warmer weather to come and stay awhile.