Saturday, March 29, 2008

A GREAT week

This has been a fun and different week for us. First Steve and Nancy came into town to get some dental work done so we were honored to have them for Easter Sunday and then a few days more!! Their daughter in law Jessica (Lincolns wife) flew in on Sunday night and had her dental work done on Monday with the rest of them. What a fun time visiting and getting to catch up on all the goings on in the Scott household. Steve did have some difficulties with a root canal tooth that flared up so had to return from Reno to take another look and adjust the bite. Keep taking those antibiotics Steve and it will get better. We look forward to seeing Nancy and Jessica in 2 weeks to finish up the dental work!

I get a phone call on Tuesday morning from Julie Doolittle saying she will be in town and wanted to get together for lunch on Thursday. Whaa Hoo!! I just love seeing Julie and my good friends Debbie and Gwen and catching up on all the latest. It is hard to believe that we have all been friends for such a long time. (Close to 28 years) It is so fun talking and just being ourselves. Well, let me get back to the lunch that Julie put on for us. She is quite the hostess with the Mostess if you know what I mean. We had the most delicious food and the table setting was so darling. She made these wonderful cupcakes with little red hats and purple hats (yes, she made the hats herself) on top. I forgot my camera so I don't have pictures of the table setting but I am going to take some pictures of the cupcakes to try and post. What a great friend and always willing to do anything for any of us. I really love her so much!!

Friday was eventful because we started the process of changing the office counters. The granite was put in Jackie's office desk and instantly made a HUGE difference in that room. I wish we could have put granite in all of the office. Then the counters were taken out in the rest of the office and replaced with the corian. What a clean fresh new look. They will come back on Monday to finish the counters and then we will decide on painting the walls and touch up. The floors will be started on next weekend and that will be a really big job. They will probably have to take 2 weekends to finish it all up. We have to move so much stuff for them to get it all done. We will replace all the baseboards from carpet to wood so that is a huge job also. I will try and take some pics so you can all see the finished project. While we were at the office a couple of tom turkeys strutted up to the side door and back windows and it was really fun to see them alive so close.

Last night we took Mike and Christy out for Mike's birthday (yes his birthday was Tuesday but I work at the temple on Tuesday nights). We went to Chilis and of course could not resist the Chocolate Moulton Lava Cake for dessert!! We then went to see the movie "21" which was pretty good. I found it very interesting. I can't figure out the counting cards thing for myself but Mike and Dad seem to know exactly how they did it. I would say yes to seeing this movie but don't have to rush to see this movie if you know what I mean.

Dad is off turkey hunting this morning on some private land in Folsom. One of his patients lets him hunt deer and turkey on his property. It is opening day for the season so off he went. It rained last night and this morning so I am sure he will be all wet and dirty when he comes home. I don't know what we will do with the turkey if he gets one. I am not in the mood to cook a turkey!!

I will post the picture of the cupcake when my batteries are charged for my camera. Sorry for the delay!! You really need to see it.

2 comments:

Alexis said...

Wow! Sounds like an eventful week. I had a girls night yesterday too, I love it. We'll see if we make 28 years, that's great! And the office sounds like it is going to look amazing, we can't wait till we can see it.

Julia Kelly said...

What a fun week! Girlfriends are the best, and i'm glad you got a chance to catch up with yours. With your best girlfriends it doesn't matter how much time has gone by. Can't wait to see the pictures!