Saturday, April 26, 2008

Happy 82nd Birthday Grandpa Kelly

Today is grandpa Kelly's birthday and we had a chance to go up last night and visit him. He is in the middle of a BIG project that he is really excited about. He is building a chicken coop for the backyard and can hardly wait for his 30 chicks he has ordered to arrive in the mail!! I can't believe he is 82. He is still so busy with the garden and doing things around the house and always has a good attitude!! What a guy!

This is a picture of Ron and his kids with grandpa putting up the walls of the coop. They will be putting up the roof today. They have windows and a door to put on after that. As you can see the rose garden is gone!
Another wall going up on the coop!
This is the pen he has made for the baby chicks to stay in. They will be here until they get their feathers and can be moved into the coop. He has this in the garage for safety and warmth. Pretty nice place for the chicks. We all think he is crazy for ordering 30 chicks. What will he do with all the eggs???? He has also planted 31 tomatoe plants this year so I guess he will be known as the tomatoe-egg guy in the neighborhood!!

2 comments:

Tiffany A. said...

I know I can't believe he has 30 chicks coming!! But, I think he'll keep very busy with them, which is good!
Oh, and I finally posted more pictures of Ava. My dad told me you said you wanted more pics up, so I did it just for you! :)

The Kelly Family said...

Grandpa Kelly is a young guy at heart. I am impressed that he is going to start raising chickens. I had no idea the coop was going to be so big and that he was getting 30 chickens. But the grandkids will love playing with the baby chicks.