Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Today is Sid's Birthday

Well, today is Sid's birthday and I got the flu last night and had to sleep in a different room so I would not get Sid sick. I think I must have eaten something that did not agree with me. I was fine all day until around 7:00pm and then wham it hit me hard. You all know how much I HATE to barf so it was not pleasant at all. I am feeling really weak today but managed to get a cake in the oven so he will at least get a birthday cake. The girls at the office are taking him out for lunch so he will get a big lunch. I called in sick to the temple so I won't be working there tonight.

Sid turns 55 today!! Does that mean he qualifies for the senior discount??? Age does have its privileges. Sid is such a great husband and I love him soooooo much. He is such a good father, grandfather and provider. He is the worlds most obsessed hunter and used to be the worlds best skier!! He makes me laugh and even though we have our moments he is the best thing that ever happened to me. Show Sid some love and wish him a happy birthday today!!

9 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Dad! Thank you for being such a wonderful influence in Jacob's life. I know he is an amazing husband and father because he watched you.

Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dad. I hope you have a good one. The big 55, you realize I'm catching you. Just 5 years ago you were twice my age, now you're only 1.83 times my age. Anyhow, have a good day, thanks for your great example throughout all the years. Wish we could be there to celebrate with you.

Love you,
Jacob

Kristin Rose said...

Happy Birthday Dad! Hope you enjoy 55 as much as you did 54!! We love you!

Nic & Kandis said...

Happy birthday Dad! Hope you have a wonderful day...wish we could be there to celebrate with ya. We love you!

Matt said...

Happy Birthday Dad! 55 years young! Another year is not going to slow you down. I don't know many 25 year old guys that could keep up with you in the mountains...hiking or skiing. I'm so grateful for such an awesome father. You look great and are a fine example of working hard and playing harder. I wish I were closer to enjoy more of the fun times with you. Love you and miss you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! I wish I was there to celebrate your birthday on the slopes or at Cafe Delicious. You are the greatest father.

Love you,
Josh

--Heather-- said...

Happy Birthday Dr. Hope you have a great day and the best year!

Jay and Gwen Sessions said...

What? we missed a chance to roast the old man. I am headed to the Dollar Tree for some priceless gifts to do the honors at our next Sunday dinner. Happy birthday and welcome to the Senior Discount club. Don't be insulted when they just automatically give you the discount. I hope when I get your age-I am in as good of shape. From Jay-bird

Mike and Christy said...

Happy Birthday! We love you so much and are grateful for your love and example in our lives. I hope the girls at the office treated you to a nice lunch today. We will see you soon.