Friday, May 9, 2008

Spring has Sprung!

I planted these snapdragons last winter and they never did anything but sit there and not grow. Well, now they are going crazy in the backyard and it is beautiful.
This is another space I put them and now they love the warm weather and sun. Can't say I blame them!! I just love getting up in the morning and looking out my front and back yards to such a wonderful view. We are so blessed!

Yes, that is my lounge chair in the proper place for a good sun tan!! I have to get my lily white skin ready for Cancun you know!!
I couldn't let Alexis beat us in the garden department. We kind of cheated by purchasing plants that were already growing! Well, some of them, the corn in the back and the beans in front of them were from seeds. We have strawberries but have to fight the birds to get to them first! The zucchini is already blooming and so are some of the tomato plants. We have watermelon, cantaloupe, 4 different kinds of tomatoes, yellow zucchini and green zucchini, strawberries, green pepper and I think that is it. Pretty amazing to watch it grow. Sid loves tending the garden. I guess he gets that from his dad who is the garden expert.

5 comments:

Tiffany A. said...

Wow! I love it!! We are in the process of planting a bunch of new flowers and plants in our front yard, I can't wait till they're all big and beautiful! I just love all the flowers in the spring!

Julia Kelly said...

I love the snapdragons, so pretty. I miss that pool...lets hope for June?? :)

Alexis said...

Wow, your garden is much better than mine. Did it take long for your peppers to grow? Mine haven't even sprouted and I have everything else growing (pumpkin, watermelon & Tomatoes.) I really hope that they do grow cuz that would save us some money.

Nic & Kandis said...

the yard looks so gorgeous! and i wish i was there to eat all your fresh fruit and vegies from the garden!

Stacie said...

Looks absolutely gorgeous. I'm still jealous of the sunshine and you can even lay out!!!! We had to have been only in the 40's today, but at least they say Sunday should be 85. Yippee!!!