Monday, August 25, 2008

Kands & Nic

Kandis and Nic came for a short visit last week and we had fun doing things with them. As you all know Kandis is expecting their first baby even though she does not look like it. She is about 1/2 way through her pregnancy at this point. While she was here we (me!) could not wait any longer to know the sex of the baby so we found a place in Roseville that does ultrasounds. We set up an appointment and went in to find out the sex. It was amazing to see the baby kick and move around and see the heart beating. You get 10 pictures and a CD of the ultrasound. Really cool thing to do and makes shopping so much more fun when you know what the sex of the baby is. I won't tell you until she posts it on her blog. She is having her official ultrasound this Friday at her doctors office so she might wait until then to post it. We were glad we could spend some time with Grandpa so he could show off his chickens again.
Here is a cute picture of Grandpa with Ava. He was thrilled to meet her for the first time and just loved holding her. Ava loves her Great Grandpa Kelly!!
Hey Pool Boy!! Would you sweep the pool please!! Nic was great at sweeping the pool for me. I could not resist taking this picture with his shirt off!! He was glad to pose for me (he he he)
Do you know what this is??? If you guessed the "Mother Lode Cake" at Claim Jumper you are right!! We had to have a piece of this for dessert! Don't worry we didn't eat the whole cake. We just had a single piece with ice cream and we still could not finish it. Now that you have all left and we do not expect any more visitors for awhile I need to go back on WW and loose the poundage that I gained by having company here!! Shame on all of you for making me eat at these restaurants! (In -n-Out!, Costa Vida, Claim Jumper, Loomis Chinese, Big spoon, )Back to eating normal again!

4 comments:

Alexis said...

I'm glad that you got to see most of your kids this summer. We loved coming out there, we just need to do it all at the same time again, Cuz I missed seeing everyone else.

Nic & Kandis said...

Thanks for such a fun time Mom. I wish I was still there...this is such a crazy busy week for me and I just want to be on summer vacation still!

Julia Kelly said...

I'm still so sad that we didn't get to come out this summer. But, I'm so excited to see you guys at Thanksgiving! Are you coming to Kentucky in September??

Linda Kelly said...

Yep, I am coming out September 12th through the 20th. We are trying to figure out a way for Mike and Christy to come with Ava and have them drive over to visit you for a couple of days. Sound good???