Monday, August 25, 2008

My Redneck is back!

As you can see Sid had a successful hunt in Utah with his bow and buddy Russ. They had a great time watching all the Antelope from their blinds and watching all the deer at night. Here is Sid after he got his Antelope. He had to retrieve it from the pond that it fell into after he shot it.
This is the blind that he sat in and watched them come and drink. I kind of think it looks weird next to the water but apparently the antelope don't think it looks strange. (Danger Will Robinson!)
Here is Russ with his record book buck! He said he is going to get this one mounted so I hope his wife Bonnie knows about that. I am the lucky one this trip since Sid felt his antelope was not worthy of mounting!! (Big sigh of relief)
This is the room with the view from his blind!! I don't think I would like to spend more than 10 minutes inside of this thing!! We had antelope steak for dinner last night and it tasted a lot like venison (deer). It wasn't bad but it is not my favorite. I am glad this little guy didn't weigh in at hundreds of pounds! I am still holding out for my buffalo.

3 comments:

Kristin Rose said...

Looks like you had a fun hunting trip Dad. Congrats on a successful one!!

Alexis said...

I'm glad that Dad got his antelope, but I am with you Mom, I would not want to sit in that little hut and hide, it looks like it would be hot.

Nic & Kandis said...

That view from the blind looks like a work of art at first glance! The antelope looked big to me dad! Way to go!