Monday, August 4, 2008

Kayaking with the Cooks

On Saturday the Cooks invited us to go kayaking with them at rattlesnake bar at Folsom Lake. The water level is really low so we had to carry the kayaks to the water and then get in. It was so much fun. We left around 5pm and paddled for about an hour and then had a light dinner we packed and then headed back.
This is me in the kayak that they said could not be tipped over. Well, I proved them wrong!! When I was getting back into the kayak after dinner I tipped it over getting in!! The water was a little cold but I was OK!!
This is where we stopped and had dinner. It was such a great evening with wonderful neighbors! We saw deer, turkey, geese, buzzards, ducks etc. Sid was in outdoor heaven!!

3 comments:

Nic & Kandis said...

What a fun little outing/double date with the Cooks. You've got such great neighbors and friends!

Alexis said...

What a great couple date, and you didn't even have to worry about a babysitter, can't wait till that will happen...30 yrs maybe. I have told Josh that I dont think that I would ever go Kayaking since I fear tipping the Kayak while I am in it and getting stuck up side down. That scares me to death. So I am really glad that you are alright.

Kristin Rose said...

Fun! It is great to find activities to enjoy in the great outdoors. What a great evening with friends.