Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Jessie can talk!

One of the highlights of my trip was to visit and speak with Jessie. As all of you know he is now awake from his coma and still struggling to recover the use of his limbs. He is amazing to see and talk with about this accident. It was so great to see him smile and laugh and be so happy. He shows not anger towards his condition or towards anyone. What a wonderful spirit he has to be so positive through this trial in his life. He says he sees mom regularly and still remembers everything that happened while he was in a coma. AMAZING!! While I was there I got to see the whole family including Heather and her darling baby girl Trinity. Heather looks great and is such a good mother. I also got to see Cory for the first time since his return from his mission and he looks great also. Wayne and Laurie are hanging in there and doing the best they can for Jessie at this point in his recovery. Laurie should get an honorary degree in nursing with as much hands on training she has had!! Jessie is eating regular food now and I was honored to feed him some lemon me range pie!! He loved it.
I did get a picture with Wayne and he looks really good!! The choir sounded so wonderful and it is so cool to know that I have a brother that gets to sing with them! I think that the message I got from visiting with Jessie is to be happy always and love each other more. Matt and Val came to visit that evening and brought Lauren and her boyfriend David. I was shocked to see Lauren since she had just had emergency surgery on Friday to have her appendix removed! What a trooper. I guess she really wanted a piece of that Marie Calender pie!!

2 comments:

Aubree and Cody Luke said...

Aunt Linda I am so glad that I found your family blog. It is so great to see updates on your family. All the grandkids are so cute!

Linda Kelly said...

Aubree, so glad to add you to my links to check up on you!! You look great and your baby is so cute!!