Thursday, October 30, 2008

YES on 8

this is Ann and Keith Cook on the corner with their sign. It was really cool to have them together to let people know about prop 8!!

This is me and Cindy Clement in front of Raley's. Check out the beautiful sunrise behind us!

This is Cathy Christensen and Cindy Clement in front of Raley's. Rock on Girls~!!


OK, so you are not used to seeing me politically active!! The prophet has asked us to support Prop 8 so I am doing my best to follow the prophet. I want my kids and grandkids to know that I do what I am asked and especially from our prophet. Marriage is sacred and should be between one man and one woman and that is what we are fighting for!! I have been getting up early and waving signs in front of Raley's at Horseshoe Bar Road and I80 to get the attention of the drivers. We hear all kinds of wonderful remarks and of course we get a lot of bird flipping and yelling at us to balance things out!! (Where is the tolerance in all of that yelling??) A real eye opener for me. I am just so glad I am not in the bay area waving signs and getting things thrown at me!! Luckily our area is pretty supportive of prop 8. Tuesday we all went down to the capital and attended a rally in support of prop 8 and there were about 600 people on the west steps of the capital for a real revival meeting. A lot of pasters and preachers and all kinds of chanting going on to pump us up for the final week of campaigning! It was really fun to get all excited and stand for truth and righteousness. We were surrounded by a lot of wonderful people of color and boy can they sing with their pastors!! Rock on Sisters!! (wish we could do that!) Anyway, just wanted you to know that I am fighting for the cause and learning a lot about people!! Hopefully good will triumph over evil on this one.



5 comments:

Alexis said...

Go Mom!! I love the sunset behind you and Cindy.

amber said...

Jordan said he saw you at the capital! Way to represent you generation!!

Grandmagretzky said...

You GO GIRL!!! I'm so proud of my sis-tah! Rock on with your bad self...and let the world know where we stand on marriage.

Julia Kelly said...

Thanks for being such a wonderful example to Jacob and I and Loraya and Isaac! Way to stand up for what we believe in!

Nic & Kandis said...

Way to go Mom! You are such a good example not only to your family but to the world.