Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Doctor Visit Update

I got into Dr. Harris's office and saw Joe Lobaccarro. He looked at the wound and asked me about the dogs and wondered if we knew the owners. I told him we could not find them after the attack and he looked worried. He told me I should probably start the rabies series of shots and then I told him I was leaving town Thursday night and he said that wouldn't work with the shots. I told him I HATE shots and he said that I could get a Tetanus (sp?) shot for now and start on strong antibiotics and keep in touch with animal control to see if they picked up the dog. I agreed to that and got my T shot and then off to Wal Mart to fill the prescriptions. He told me to elevate my leg and not walk tomorrow morning with the group!! (DUH!!) Glad that is over. I am sorry for the pictures being at the top of the last post but I couldn't get them to post after my typing. Never a dull moment around here!

2 comments:

Stacie said...

HOLY CRAP!!! Ouch! I can't believe that happened! I hope they find those dogs owners. That's just not okay to let mean dogs run around loose like that. Keep us posted! I hope the t-shot and the antibiotics do the trick. Did the dogs have collars/tags? Not that you would have stopped them to look at them, but then at least you know they have owners and aren't just some strays running around.

Alexis said...

I can't believe that that happened. I don't know what I would have done in that situation. Luckily it ran into you who loves dogs, cuz if it ran into me, who is not so good with dogs, i probably would have kicked it, but I guess i would have gotten bit harder too. I really hope that it isnt anything worse and that it has had its shots.