Sunday, June 29, 2008

Christy's Baby Shower

On Saturday I was invited to Christy's baby brunch at her relatives home and it was wonderful. The decorations were amazing and the food was delicous. The "Puff" as it is called was an egg with cheese kind of a baked thing in the oven and we had fresh fruit and scones with fresh jam and it was so cute. We drank orange juice from silver antique baby cups and had flowers in the center of the table in antique baby shoes. It was SO cute.
She had little areas of focus that had baby items from the family and a really cute book that was about the baby's point of view of being bored in the womb without a view!! I think it was called Ma, I don't have anything to do! If you look closely you can see the amazing cake we had for dessert. It was a raspberry cheese cake with little baby booties on top. It was out of this world!! I have a close up of the cake further down the post. (I seem to be obsessed with food!)
Doesn't Christy look so cute!! I can't believe she will be having little Ava so soon.
Oh, Yeah!! That's what I am talking about. This was one of the best desserts I have ever had!
They even had a sash for Charlene that said Grandma to Be. It looked antique but I don't know for sure if it was. Really cute. They had little pastel mints sitting around the room in antique baby dishes. Such a cute idea. Christy got a lot of cute clothes and a portable crib that she had registered for at Wal Mart. The baby closet is getting really full!! We all left with a sugar cookie in the shape of a crown covered in pink frosting. What a fun day. Thanks for letting me be part of this one.

5 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

Everything looks amazing! that cheesecake looks like a lot of points! :)

Stacie said...

Yum! Yum! I think that's my favorite part of baby showers...the food! It looked like lots of fun!

Alexis said...

Christy's mom always goes all out, doesn't she. It looked amazing!

amber said...

Linda, I got a reply from Jordan's friend that we emailed. They said that they haven't decided what to do for their baby, but they will look it to what you suggested. So, that's that.

Nic & Kandis said...

What a cute baby shower!