Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Who Would Have Thought????




Well, today was just like any other day. I got up around 7:30am and got dressed to go walking with the sisters from our ward. We meet at the church at 8:00am and then off we go for about an hour. We have a regular route we walk so if anyone comes late they can find us. Today there were 4 of us. Me, Penny, Kathy and Barbara and Kathleen Penny but she left after the first loop. We had walked the first loop and we were coming around for the second time on Francis Drive by the church. As we crossed Cutler Court we saw 2 dogs running and barking toward our group of women as we crossed the court. We had never seen these dogs the first loop and had never seen these dogs any other time we had walked this route. They came around the corner and started growling and barking at all of us. We all told them to "go home" in our most mean voices and they just kept getting closer and more aggressive with us. There were two of them, one solid black dog a little smaller than Rusty and another dog about the same size that was white with brown and black spots. The white dog kept coming closer to me and I thought if I kicked him he would bite me so I just kept backing up towards a fence and he jumped and bit me in the left upper thigh. I could not believe what happened and the girls with me could not believe what happened. I knew he bit me but it didn't hurt much at that point. A man came out of his house and yelled at the dogs to go away and they ran back up the street where they came from. I took a look at my leg and it didn't look too bad so we kept going back to where our cars were parked. One of the ladies lives where our cars are parked so she took me into her home and we washed the wound and put neosporin and hydrogen peroxide on it and she gave me a bandage. It was bleeding at this point and I was glad to get it cleaned up. I went home and called the doctors office and I have an appointment to see the doctor and probably get a shot. What a morning!! I called the sheriffs department to report the biting dogs and they had me make a report to the animal control people. They told me to take pictures today of the bite and again in a couple of days to keep as evidence in case they could find the owners of the dog that bit me. I did take pictures but they are pretty yucky to see. Anyway, kind of a weird start of my day!! I am glad the dog didn't bite and hold on to my leg!! Scary for sure!! I think I will just stay home tomorrow and get ready for my trip to Oregon. (This is going to leave a mark!!)

7 comments:

Nic & Kandis said...

What the heck! Stupid dog...doesn't it know you are a dog lover?! That sure looks painful and I hope it heals alright with out any scars.

Marga said...

How unfortunate! I hope somebody finds those dogs before they attack again. Sorry you have to get those shots. Enjoy your trip to Oregon!!!

Kristin Rose said...

Seriously, you need to find whose dogs those are. First, they've probably bitten before and, at least in Minnesota, there's a one-bite rule . Which leads us to number two, if it has bitten before it will make it easier for you to win when you sue the s#$% outta those owners. Juries hate multiple-bite dogs. Plus, if their names are "Fang" or "Killer" or something mean like that, their screwed.-Thomas

Kristin Rose said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Linda Kelly said...

We still have not found the dogs. We looked twice yesterday and the animal control has not called and said they have found them. We are still trying to track them down at this point. I am doing fine, just wanted to know if they were current on their shots!!

kelly said...

HI Linda, my mom told me about your bite! ouch! I am deathly afraid of dogs, since I got bit ... yes, I was only 6, but remember it very vividly and have been chased on my runs numerous times! so glad you are doing ok.
your blog is great!

Sarah said...

Ouch! Hope that heals quick! I have to say I thought those pics were of an arm--your legs are soo skinny! Are you taking a bag of rocks on your walks now?