Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Food from the garden!

As you can see we are picking things from our garden. Whoo hoo!! I am a little tired of the zucchini but we are giving that away to people at this point. The tomatoes are starting to come on if we can keep the worms out of them and today was the first pick of the beans!! Not bad huh??? The big tomatoes will be ripe soon and the corn is tall and developing ears. The watermelon is growing so it is fun to watch and harvest the hard work. I guess Sid has learned a few things from his dad!! I went to Auburn on Saturday and picked raspberries and made freezer jam. It was the hottest day of the year so far (106) so I didn't pick as much as I would have liked. I am going to get some strawberries and make freezer jam too. They have blackberries that will be available to pick in August so I would like to make some jam out of those. That is a lot of jammin!!

2 comments:

Alexis said...

Your produce is looking good, I can't wait till ours are ready to pick. We too will be picking raspberries to make some more freezer jam. yummy yummy!!

Kristin Rose said...

Yum - I love the summer time when the produce is fresh! Nothing beats freezer jam too. Enjoy the fruits of your labors.